Win tickets to TEDxPerth 2023 with Juicebox
Juicebox is proud to be a Principal Partner presenting TEDxPerth, the local home of ideas worth spreading.
We’re thrilled to announce this long-term partnership with TEDxPerth and look forward to working with the team to enhance the overall digital experience for the event.
To enter, all you need to do is tell us your big idea to change the digital world.
That might be a new business idea, a cultural initiative, or a critical concept to improve social or environmental outcomes. Your big idea could appear at TEDxPerth as we showcase digital innovation and technology destined to make positive change in our world.
Submit a simple 60-second video pitch of your idea below, and you’ll go into the running to win two tickets to the action-packed day of powerful talks and interactive activations. Lunch is included, all you need to bring is energy, enthusiasm and an open mind!
If you’d prefer to share your idea in writing only, you are welcome to do so, keeping the entry under 150 words.
Tips on how to present your big idea in 60 seconds:
- Introduce yourself quickly and state “My Big Idea is…” then summarise it in a short sentence.
- Explain why you think it matters and where it could be applied.
- If you’re already making progress with your idea, don’t be shy about sharing details!
Things to remember:
- Don’t overcomplicate it; filming handheld on a smartphone is great.
- Shoot in portrait framing (upright), not in landscape.
- Make sure your audio is clear (record somewhere quiet).
- Ideally, present to the camera with a smile.
- If you’d prefer not to show your face, record something interesting or relevant to your idea.
- If you’d prefer to make a written-only submission, you are welcome to do so above, keeping the entry under 150 words.
Terms & Conditions of entry
1. The promoter is Juicebox, whose registered office is at 260 Railway Pde, West Leederville 6007.
2. The competition is open to residents of Western Australia aged 18 years or over except employees of Juicebox, their close relatives and those connected with the organisation or judging of the competition. Juicebox clients, partners and suppliers are eligible to enter.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. There will be a total of 10 double-pass prizes awarded for a total prize pool valued at ($2,980 ex GST).
6. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via submission on the campaign landing page.
7. Promotion commences at 12.00am AWST on 20/03/2023 and ends at 3:59pm AWST on 31/03/2023 (“Promotional Period”)
8. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
9. Each daily winner will be chosen by Juicebox from all entries received and verified by Juicebox during the promotion period. Winning ideas will be judged according to the following criteria;
- Relevance. How well it addresses the cultural, ecological, economic or technological zeitgeist.
- Originality. Clearly articulating why the idea is different to what’s being done already.
- Bigness. How large an effect the implementation of the idea might have on the world’s inhabitants.
- Feasibility in terms of time, resources and technologies required to realise your idea.
10. The judging panel includes Juicebox representatives and will take place at 4:00pm AWST on each business day (excluding Saturday and Sunday) at 260 Railway Parade, West Leederville 6007.
11. The entry with the highest total number of points awarded against the criteria, and not already awarded a prize, will be awarded a double-pass to the TEDxPerth 2023 flagship event (value $298 ex GST). No costs related to travel, accommodation, insurances or other expenses will be borne by the Promoter.
12. In the event of a tie between two (2) or more Entrants, the Promoter will judge the tied entrants based on presentation and creativity of the entry submitted. This will be entirely at the Promoter’s sole discretion and judgement, is not negotiable and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The daily winner will be notified by email within 24 hours of selection, Monday to Friday. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 48 hours of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
14. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable.
15. Juicebox reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice.
16. The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
17. By entering the contest, you grant the promoter and its affiliate, TEDxPerth, the irrevocable global right to use, reproduce, remix and distribute any provided visual, audio and written content, in digital and other formats including for use in promotional purposes. You agree to and understand that the content and idea therein may be shared to audiences in Australia and internationally. You waive the right to financial or other remuneration or recourse for such usage and release the Promoter and TEDxPerth from any damages relating to the production, submission or sharing of your provided submission.
18. In creating your pitch, you agree NOT to:
- Libel, defame, misrepresent or incriminate any person or organisation;
- Take sole credit for the ideas of another person or organisation;
- Share anything that is commercial in confidence, offensive, harmful, illegal or generally considered to be in bad taste;
- Include any brands, images or assets that are not owned by you;
- Include any intellectual property or personal information that you would not want shared publicly; or
- Make your pitch longer than 60-seconds — short and snappy is ideal!
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.